2020 Safety and Cultural Heritage Summit: Preserving Our Heritage and Protecting Our Health
Thursday, October 29, 2020–Friday, October 30, 2020
Save to your calendar
Free Virtual Professional Development Seminar
Your Hosts for the 5th Annual Safety and Cultural Heritage Summit will be:
- Washington Conservation Guild
- Potomac Section of the American Industrial Hygiene Association
- Smithsonian National Collection Program
- Smithsonian Office of Safety, Health, and Environmental Management
- Lunder Conservation Center
Dates and Times:
- Thursday, 29 October 2020 (1:00 - 5:00 PM ET)
- Friday, 30 October 2020 (1:00 - 5:00 PM ET)
- Panels on Covid-19 challenges: Not everything stops when a museum is closed; Adapting ASHRAE ventilation guidelines; and Decontamination techniques for collection environments.
- Presentations on: Safely dealing with mold and pest challenges in collections care, Work-safe mass digitization, Ethical considerations in 9/11 object treatments, Face covering guidance, Hazards in collections.
- Virtual museum and art gallery tours, including exhibits related to worker health and safety.
- Social networking break-out rooms at the end of each day.
Please register at Safety & Cultural Heritage: Eventbrite by Oct 26, 2020.
Instructions for entering the virtual platform will be provided closer to the Event.