2018 IPM for Cultural Institutions Workshop
Date: November 14 & 15, 2018
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Location: Michael C. Carlos Museum
571 South Kilgo Cir NE
Description: Integrated Pest Management Plans are an integral, and oftentimes overlooked, core collections policy. In this day and a half workshop of presentations and practical exercises, speakers will discuss the elements of an integrated pest management plan, present tools for identification of common pests and the best monitoring strategies, introduce types of treatments appropriate for collections objects, and summarize common hazards staff may come in contact with when dealing with pests in their collection.
- Laura Fedynyszyn, Andrew W. Mellon Conservation Fellow , University of Miami Libraries
- Chelle Hartzer, Orkin Technical Services Manager, Rollins Inc.
- Rosa Lowinger , Principal and Chief Conservator , RLAConservation of Art and Architecture
- Elise LeCompte , Registrar and Coordinator of Museum Health & Safety , Florida Museum of Natural History
- $150 - Integrated Pest Management in Cultural Institutions - Non-members
- $125 - Integrated Pest Management in Cultural Institutions - ARCS or CCAHA Members