ARCS Internship Stipend
ARCS is proud to announce that we will be offering internship stipends to qualified applicants starting in Fall 2021. ARCS is committed to advocating for paid internships in an industry that remains inaccessible to many. Starting in Fall 2021, ARCS will be offering a $1,000 stipend plus an annual membership to two applicants pursuing internships in registration and/or collections management. Candidates are asked to submit their application materials by July 30 and awardees will be notified by August 16. Applicants should already have been accepted into an unpaid internship program and will be asked to submit a letter of support from their internship supervisor with their application materials.
- Must be student at the undergraduate or graduate level or recent graduate (within 2 years)
- Must have demonstrated interest in registration/collections management
- Preference will be given to applicants with little or no museum internship experience
- Preference will be given to applicants who receive need-based financial aid from their college or university or who submit a brief statement indicating financial need.
- Preference will be given to students from diverse backgrounds.
Materials to be submitted with application
- Letter of support from museum including description of program
- Recommendation letter from professor
- Cover letter
Internship program criteria
- Internship must be primarily focused on registration/collections management
- Internship must be a minimum of 60 hours and take place over the course of no more than 6 months
To apply: Internship Applicaton