ARCS Update Vol 2 Issue 9 ARCS Socials, New Board Members, & Important Dates!April 25, 2017 | ARCS News
Live Tweeting Photography #ARCSWorkshop!
Watch for live tweeting using #ARCSWorkshop from the ARCS workshop, "Photo Synthesis: What You Need to Know About Photographs", held at the Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria, NY on April 25, 2017 from 9:30 to 5 eastern time.
Reminder - ARCS NY Social Tonight
A reminder that there’s an ARCS Social tonight in NY, NY from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Location: MoMA PS1
22 – 25 Jackson Ave. at the intersection of 46th Ave.
Long Island City, NY 11101
Sponsored by RBA and Crozier Fine Arts
For more information and to RSVP: ARCS Social NY
Meet Your New Board Members
The ARCS Board is pleased to welcome new members of the Board, John Robinette, Manager of Storage and Installation at Colección Patricia Phelps de Cisneros, and Jenny Wilson, Registrar, Exhibitions at Vancouver Art Gallery. Their terms will begin after the June 2017 Board meeting.
John Robinette, Manager of Storage and Installation at Colección Patricia Phelps de Cisneros
As the Manager of Storage and Installation, John oversees all storage facilities and locales where the family maintain their collection and handles most of the logistics for their extensive international loan program. John also sits on the planning committee for the ARCS introductory symposium in Mexico City – the first in Latin America.
Jenny Wilson, Registrar, Exhibitions at Vancouver Art Gallery
Jenny has worked in museums for over 25 years. She now works on logistics--from loan agreements and insurance to unpacking and installation-- of incoming loans for a very busy exhibition schedule and oversees the logistics of outgoing touring exhibitions. She has had the opportunity to work with many contemporary artists and has gained much experience in shipping artwork of all shapes and sizes via air, ocean and ground.
ARCS is pleased to announce its first event in Latin America, in beautiful Mexico City! This two day event will take place at the Museo Nacional de Arte on October 9 and 10, 2017. The first day will include an introduction to ARCS for local museum professionals, a lecture on social media and professional development, and a sample of conference type sessions on topics such as mount making, shipping, and collaboration projects between USA museums and Mexican cultural institutions. The second day will consist of behind the scene tours of the Museo Jumex (Fundación Jumex Arte Contemporáneo) and the Museo Soumaya (Fundación Carlos Slim, A.C.)
This event will be open to local Mexican museum professionals and ARCS members only. Registration opens July 10, 2017 through the ARCS website.
- April 25, 2017 ARCS PhotoSynthesis Workshop in Astoria, NY.
- April 25, 2017 NY Social
- May 3, 2017 Next #ARCSchat on Twitter, 8-9 pm EST. Topic is Registrar/Conservator collaborations https://twitter.com/arcs4all
- May 12, 2017 Deadline for #ARCSConf-Conference Travel Stipend Applications
- May 17, 2017 Connecting to Collections Care Webinar – Why Do We Need This? Insights and Hindsights from Deaccessioning
- July 10, 2017 Registration opens for Congreso ARCS in Mexico City.
- September 4, 2017 Deadline for requesting VISA letters from ARCS. For more info please see our ‘Getting There’ page.
- October 2, 2017 #ARCSConf-Conference Registration closes.
- October 9 – 10, 2017 Congreso ARCS in Mexico City
- November 3-5, 2017 ARCS Conference, Vancouver, Canada