Database Blues Webinar Registration Open and ICS Giveaway ARCS Update Vol 5 | Update 18October 20, 2020 | In the Press
Webinar Database Blues: An Action Plan for Selection and Implementation of a New CMS
Does the mere thought of opening your current database program give you chills? Are you tired of creating your own hacks to make your system “work” the way you need it to? Have you longed for a new and upgraded CMS, but worry your management will balk at the mere mention of a change? Please join us for a webinar focused exclusively on selecting and implementing a new database for museum collections. On November 4 at 1:00 p.m. ET, museum expert and consultant Rachael Cristine Woody will cover how to identify CMS needs, how to create CMS specifications, how to test and vet potential CMS options, and how to “sell” getting a new CMS to your boss.
And don't forget! Active ARCS members can still enter to win a free webinar registration until October 30, 2020!
To register for the giveaway, please log-in to your ARCSInfo.org account and, after confirming or updating your membership profile, click on the “Enter Here to Win a Free Webinar Registration!” button that appears on the Manage Your Profile Page.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incident Command Systems Giveaway
The ARCS Emergency Programming Sub-Committee is pleased to announce the giveaway of one free copy of David Carmicheal’s Implementing Command System at the Institutional Level: A Handbook for Libraries, Archives, Museums, and other Cultural Institutions.
What is the Incident Command System (ICS)?
- The ICS is a standardized approach to coordinating emergency response.
- It is a top-down, command structure allowing all agencies to respond to an event effectively.
- This system can be used for small or large emergencies, or even non-emergency situations.
- This system standardizes position titles and clearly defines responsibilities during an emergency.
For more information:
- FEMA ICS Resource Center: https://training.fema.gov/emiweb/is/icsresource/
- AIC’s Exercise Without Leaving Your Seat: Practicing The Incident Command System at the Institutional Level: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA1BCIjW0gg
- Conservation Centre for Art and Historic Artifacts: Introduction to the Incident Command System: https://ccaha.org/resources/introduction-incident-command-system
How Do I Enter?
- Follow @arcs4all on Instagram and like this post.
- Share this post to your story.
- For an extra entry, tag a friend!
- Deadline to enter: October 31st, 2020. Winner will be announced and contacted to arrange shipment November 1, 2020.
- Giveaway open to those within the US and Canada.
#ARCSchat Career Perspectives and Day in the Life
The latest #ARCSchat, "Career Perspectives,” highlights the diverse trajectories of three colleagues from around the world. It also features our new "A Day in the Life" segment only available in the podcast.