ARCS Service Agreement
The ARCS Board and the Professional Development Resources Sub-Committee are pleased to announce a new resource for independent contractors: the ARCS Service Agreement a.k.a. Contract Template. With the realization that many ARCS members have become independent contractors over the past 15 months, the ARCS Board hired a lawyer to create of a template that independent contractors can use for their projects.
This resource is an ARCS member benefit only. It’s FREE for OnContract members and costs $35 for non-OnContract members. Remember the OnContract listing fee is only $20, so consider joining if you engage in contract work. If you are an OnContract member please contact email@example.com to receive your copy.
The Template was prepared by Alexandra Darraby, Principal of the international Art Law Firm and author of the treatiseDarraby on Art Law, 3 volumes, 25th Anniversary Edition coming out in 2021. The Template encompasses issues central to ARCS; it is not intended as legal advice to any individual member.
A group of six seasoned contractors worked with Ms. Darraby to identify issues facing registrars and collections specialists working independently. ARCS is grateful for the contributions of the following independent contractors:
- Jacqueline Cabrera, CABRERA + ART + MANAGEMENT, Los Angeles
- MJ Hagen, MJH Collections Management, Washington, D.C.
- Pamela Jones, Independent Contractor, Chicago
- Suzanne Quigley, Art and Artifact Services, New York
- Elise Rousseau, ACdR Conservation LLC, San Francisco
- Alicia B. Thomas, Nail-to-Nail LLC, Palm Springs