Getting Involved with ARCS
Interesting in volunteering with ARCS?
Members of ARCS can volunteer in two different ways by joining an ARCS Committee or via nomination to the Board of Directors. In both cases we encourage candidates who are Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) and LGBTQIA+ to apply to strengthen our cognitive diversity and meet the needs of a global community.
The affairs of ARCS are managed by an elected Board of Directors. The Board of Directors consists officers of the association, the Immediate Past-President of the association, and not less than seven or more than fifteen directors. All members of the Board must be an ARCS member in good standing. A call for new board members goes out in early Winter of each year and is issued by the Nominations/Leadership Development Committee.
ARCS Committees, sub-committes, and task forces consist of board and non-board members to accomplish the work of the organization. In the spring of each year the Nominations/Leadership Development Committee issues a call out for volunteers.
ARCS BOARD OF DIRECTORS – CALL FOR NOMINATIONS February 2022
As the terms of current members of our Board of Directors conclude, we call on members to serve. We encourage candidates who are Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) and LGBTQIA+ to apply to strengthen our cognitive diversity and meet the needs of a global community.
In addition, we seek professionals:
- with interest in our mentorship and awards programs
- who steward BIPOC or other less represented collections
- who are globally connected, particularly in North and South America
- from small galleries and private collections
- who steward living collections
- in adjacent fields, e.g. conservation, preparation, archives and libraries
Please send contact information, a resume, and a statement of interest from the nominee to the Nominations Committee via the Vice President at email@example.com with ARCS BOARD NOMINATION as the subject line. Self-nominations are encouraged.
Deadline for submission is February 25, 2022.
- must be current members of ARCS
- share the ARCS mission (with exception of ARCS employees)
- serve a two-year term
- may serve three consecutive terms (totalling six years)
- participate in meetings and serve as board liaison to at least one committee or task force
- expect to spend at least five hours per week on ARCS activities
Board members attend:
- monthly virtual board meetings
- two or three in-person annual board meetings (COVID permitting)
- in-person board meetings at the biennial conference (COVID permitting)
- monthly committee or task force meetings as a board liaison
ARCS Mission – to represent and promote Registrars and Collections Specialists, to educate them in the best practices of registration and collections care, and to facilitate communication and networking.