Board of Directors Call for Nominations
ARCS Board of Directors Call for Nominations
Member engagement and strong leadership are critical to the success of ARCS, and ARCS Board of Directors play a critical role in helping to advance the association’s mission.
The FY23 Nominating Committee is seeking nominations for two (2) Director positions on the Board of Directors, to help meet the changing needs of ARCS members and to continue to advance the association's strategic plan.
As the terms of two of our Board of Directors conclude, we call on members to serve. We encourage candidates who are Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) and LGBTQIA+ to apply, as well as our international members from outside the United States, in order to strengthen our cognitive diversity and meet the needs of a global community.
ARCS is seeking professionals to join our board who are ready to help shape the profession for the future. In addition, we seek professionals:
- able to work with diverse members from various geographic, professional, and social backgrounds
- from small galleries and private collections or those who steward BIPOC or other less represented collections
- who enjoy or have experience in project management and project organization
- who have some budgetary experience
- have strong writing skills and are comfortable voicing their point of view in group settings
- who are globally connected, particularly in North and South America
- who steward living collections
- from adjacent fields (e.g. conservation, preparation, archives and libraries)
If you are interested in nominating yourself, please send contact information, a resume, and a statement of interest to the Nominations Committee via the Vice President at email@example.com with ARCS BOARD NOMINATION as the subject line. Self-nominations are strongly encouraged.
Deadline for submission is February 26, 2023.
- must be current members of ARCS
- share the ARCS mission
- be able to serve a two-year term (may serve three consecutive terms,totalling six years)
- participate in meetings and serve as board liaison to at least one committee or task force
- expect to spend at least five hours per week on ARCS activities
Board members attend:
- monthly virtual board meetings
- two or three in-person annual board meetings (COVID permitting)
- in-person board meetings at the biennial conference (COVID permitting)
- monthly committee or task force meetings as a board liaison