Filter by Subject Area
Filter by Resource Type
Have a resource you would like to submit for our Resource Kit? Submit using the form below:
*Please note: All resources submitted will be reviewed by the Professional Development Task Force prior to posting.
- Active Members of ARCS should sign into their account before accessing our Resource Kit to ensure they have full access to all of our resources.
- To filter our resources by Subject select one of the primary subject areas above.
- If you would prefer to filter our resources by Type, or narrow down your selected Subject area by Type, select the type of resource you would like to view.
- Resources can also be filtered by Resource Tags which are located on the right hand side of the screen.
Please note: While selecting the desired facet(s), the list of options narrows down in real time based on the matches that contain all selected choices.
- Newark Museum Official - Registrar Condition Reports for Gustav Stickley exhibition
- September 10, 2010
- Take a look as registrars from the Newark Museum and the Dallas Museum of Art (DMA) work on condition reporting for the exhibition Gustav Stickley and the American Arts & Crafts Movement, opened September 15, 2010 at the Newark Museum.
- International Institutue for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Work-Environmental Guidelines
- September 30, 2014
- At the IIC congress in Hong Kong and the ICOM-CC conference in Melbourne in September 2014 the delegates discussed and agreed the following declaration, the conservation profession has come together and agreed a position on environmental guidelines.
- What the Art World Needs to Know About the Ivory Ban and the Proposed Federal Rule
- November 24, 2015
- IFAR also released a video from their November 24, 2015 seminar, What the Art World Needs to Know About the Ivory Ban and the Proposed Federal Rule. Join their distinguished specialists as they discuss the poaching crisis; how the existing laws and t…
- Behind The Scenes at The National Media Museum
- January 1, 2010
- Brief introduction to the behind the scenes preparations at the Nation Media Museum ahead of the 2009 temporary exhibitions
- Nick Cave: Sojourn—Behind-the-Scenes Installation Footage
- June 6, 2013
- Installation footage from the 2013 Nick Cave exhibition at the Denver Art Museum
- Preparing the gowns for the First Ladies Exhibition
- May 9, 2010
- Preparing the gowns for the First Ladies Exhibition at the Smithsonian National Museum of American History
- Sebastiano Mainardi: The Science of Art Installation
- September 6, 2007
- The Indianapolis Museum of Art invited the public to paint reproduction panels of an altarpiece as conservators work on the real thing.
- Crating How-to Video
- April 3, 2012
- Crating Video by head of art packing department at the Art institute of Chicago
- Jim Nutt: Back to Front
- January 29, 2011
- A preparator at the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago shares notes artist Jim Nutt left on the back of his artworks.
- Couriering Intensive: Essential Packing, Crating, and Courier Skills
- April 19, 2021
- A discussion on couriering artwork. The panel gave a demonstration focusing on materials, what to consider when packing artwork, and things to keep in mind as objects are being prepared to move.